Saturday, August 15, 2009

Update


Ok all, it has been a year since I last posted, this is mainly because of the nature of my current job. I am living in the Baghdad area, still doing the same job just with a different company. Things have been rapidly changing throughout Iraq since the US Military has pulled out of the cities. Mostly all good, of course there are almost daily reports of vehicle bombs, suicide vest bombers etc.


The thing that has suprised me is the ever climbing crime rate. When I say "Crime" rate, and am talking about crimes just as we have in the states, bank robberies, assaults and so on. I guess that is what democarcy gets us. LOL


The weather has been fairly hot, not a bit of moisture and windy. We have had several days in the high 130's to low 140's "In the sun", I say that because I spend most of my days being out in the direct sunlight.
Update on the family
Bec and the kids are doing great, just returning from a raod trip to Texas to visit family. Shelby graduated from High school this year and is trying to find herself, I guess. She has a good head on her shoulders so I am not to worried about her.
Thas it for now, hope to be home next month. Miss and Love you all

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for updating. Was wondering why I didn't get a phone call or email.

Hope things are going well. We might have a project manager position in Jacksonville FL. Interested?

Mark

Chris Dorneden said...

Thank You for the kind words

Anonymous said...

Hi, as you can see this is my first post here.
Hope to receive some assistance from you if I will have some quesitons.
Thanks and good luck everyone! ;)

Anonymous said...

whats up everyone


great forum lots of lovely people just what i need


hopefully this is just what im looking for looks like i have a lot to read.

Anonymous said...

hiya


just signed up and wanted to say hello while I read through the posts


hopefully this is just what im looking for looks like i have a lot to read.

ken schmidt said...

Chris

Stay safe, Barbara and I talk of you often. We are glad to call you a friend.

Anonymous said...

Very nicce!

Anonymous said...

Pretty nice article. I just stumbled upon your blog and I'd like to say that I have really enjoyed reading your posts. I'll be subscribing to your feed anyway and I hope you'll post again soon. Big thanks for the valuable information.

Chris Dorneden said...

Thanks and hopefully I continue with my personal view of Afghanistan