Saturday, May 24, 2008

The Gunner


Well today I am writing from Erbil, finally getting out of Ramadi for a short visit. My visit here is do complete a handover from a guy named Luis Arellano. Luis has been in Iraq now for four years. We have become great friends, co-workers and I look upon him as a brother.


Luis started over here at Buckmaster Depot on the CMC project, this is where I first met him. He is with out a doubt one of the most caring people I know, always thinking about his fellow man before himself.


Luis, was injured over here during Desert Storm while performing duties as a door gunner, recovered and as many others felt a need to return. Hehas honorably served his country both as a U.S Military member and as a civilian. Luis was paramount in providing our team with MEDAVAC and QRF support support when I was blown up. He has received many accolades for his support for other U.S military units and civilian companies thought out Iraq, again caring for others before himself.


Luis - Be safe my brother where ever you find your self, we miss you already!!!!!


No comments: