Sunday, December 03, 2006

Rich Watson


Well it just makes it that much easier when a friend stops by for a visit. Rich Watson stopped by while he was in Baghdad. He is stationed in Fallujah doing that secret OSI stuff for the United States Air Force. We got a chance to visit for a couple of hours, ate some Pizza Hut pizza and talked about what we both are doing over here.


Linda and he are doing great, he has less than a month until he gets to go home. Linda owns and operates a bakery in Colorado. When Rich isn't in the military uniform, he wears one of a police officer. All seems well in his world.


My life is about the same. For all of you hearing the bullshit about Civil War, No Civil War. Well this kid here differently thinks the Civil War has started. When varying groups of people are running around killing each other because of their tribal backgrounds, trying to expel one group for another, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see "Civil War". Last night all you could hear was the sound of heavy fighting and explosions for most of the night.

Its a shame that the innocent women and children are caught up in it, tortured by all kinds of means and then killed. For people who fight about what the Koran says, from what I know they don't follow it when it comes to women and children.

I go out to Baghdad International Airport and see family's coming back into the Baghdad area and can't believe they actually are bring their children back. I guess a "Love" of their country.

Enough of that for now, I am counting the days now before I finally go home for the next vacation (14 and a wake up). I can't wait!!!

I'm sure that Rebecca has much planned for me this trip and am looking forward to being home for the holidays, seeing Bec, Shelby and Meghan Belle. And of course the great friends who have supported me while over here.


Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to All


Love Chris

No comments: