Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Brendan John Michael


Sorry for no updates lately, my trip back home was the best one yet. Having the chance to spend 2 months back in the states was a dream come true. Lots of golf with the boys and got the chance to have Shelby down from Portland for Thanksgiving.


The most incredible thing was the birth of Brendan. Originally, I was scheduled to depart Iraq on the 24th of September, but Bec was concerned that that would be to close to her due date (Sep 29). I departed Iraq instead, on the 20th, beginning the long journey west getting on the plane in Jordan in the late evening. I arrived in Denver around 1700 hours. Bec and Meghan met me at the Airport, Man it was great seeing them.


Will got settled in at home, and by 0600 Bec was having labor pains, about every three minutes, lasting about a minute, so it wasn't time to head to the hospital. Of course Bec had everything planned, bags packed, Betsy scheduled to come at 1400, of course that changed and off to the hospital we went.


The trip was crazy heading downtown, by the time we got to the hospital, Brendan had decided to not wait and Bec started having the baby in the car. I ran into the hospital, got a nurse, she promptly advised me to park the car, and run back as fast as possible or I would miss the birth.


She wasn't far off, by the time I got upstairs, Brendan's head was out and he was born at 1400 hours. All 7.9 pounds of him. Bec was exhausted, as she did not have the luxury of any pain medications "El Natural". What a women, I admire her for her being the strong women that she is.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was great to see you. Thank you for making time to hang out for a while. I know the demands are great, and time is short. I really appreciate you bringing Brendan and getting to see Bec again. You are making a wonderful family. Spend as much time as you can with them. I know why you are there, I know why you work so hard to make it work. They need you, we need you, not millions, you.

Love you, Keep your ass down and your powder dry. - Mark

Chris Dorneden said...

Thanks for the ind words Mark, may you and your family be blessed this new year!

Chris