Saturday, October 14, 2006

More of Jerry's Story

Thought I would add to the last post.

The day that Jerry died, he died a true hero. He died trying to protect an injured security member on his team who had been injured in by an IED just moments before Jerry was stuck down by one. Jerry died saving this man.

I am waiting for the team leader to email the complete story of that day to share with all who knew him. I am proud of Jerry and consider myself lucky to have know him!

I have spoken with Jerry's Team Leader who is having a hard time dealing with Jerry's Death, partly blaming himself because he had made a promise to his team and Jerry. A promise to bring all his men back inside the wire.

I told the TL, Jerry would kick his ass if he quit, Mark... I hope that you don't, your men need and count on you!

Will keep updating Jerry's Story as I learn more. Thanks for the kind words about Jerry. We over here appreciate the support from you all back there!!!

Chris

P.S. Bec, A promise to you... I will come home

No comments: