Sunday, December 25, 2005

Christmas Day


Well thanks to Jeff Z, I am now a blogger. I have been keeping a kinda journal about the goings on here in the Litterbox (Iraq). But will attempt to do it now in this forum. Today is Christmas, seems kinda odd celebrating over here. I was lucky enough to travel back to my home camp for some badly needed hot prepared food and a hot shower.

Last nights menu consisted of Alaskan King Crab, T-Bone Steaks, Veggies and Ice Cream. I think after about 2 lbs of crab and 2 1/2 steaks, I had to choke down the Ice Cream. You gotta get it when the opportunity is there. MRE's are not my idea of good food.

I finally got to talk with my loving wife Rebecca, she is my life line to reality. I admire her for what is is doing while I am over here, raising Meghan, taking care of the finances, the house and working. Thank God I have her...

The trip over to Camp Buckmaster was an eventful one in its own right, Insurgents again attempted to blow us up. Merry Christmas Insurgent style. No one injured, day gones on.

I wish all my family and friends a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Years.

PS...Somebody better be drinking some brews for me !!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris!!
Been thinking about you an awful lot!!! I hope you are doing okay...everytime I hear about someone getting hurt, I worry about you even more! When you get back, we are going to buy you a cold one (or 2, or ten)!! I already have a 6 pack and some ribs with your name on it!! The megacenter is just not the same without you!!
Hope you are well!!!
Huggies!! Susan : )